Job Description Summary About Us
GE Digital’s Romanian Engineering Operations business is the biggest Global Deliver Center in the General Electric Digital Grid footprint which allows us to bring a significant contribution to the Worldwide Electrical Energy context. Delivering on life-critical solutions we are deeply immersed into the worlds of Transmission, Distribution, Asset Management and Market Management making sure we shape how the energy landscape looks today and tomorrow.
Our teams breathes software-life into R&D, Services and Support for GE Digital’s products while liaising with stakeholders and customers all around the globe.
This exciting new role will provide enterprise level software development to our customers in electricity markets around the world. If you enjoy technical challenges, delivering thoughtful solutions and learning every single day, you may be a good candidate to join our team. We are seeking an enquiring mind, who has the desire to learn new skills. You will have strong technical skills with a broad understanding of engineering fundamentals. You will have strong interpersonal communication skills and be able to work effectively within a geographically disperse team.
In This Role, You Will Primarily
- Your primary responsibility will be to build .NET applications, full stack and to coordinate with the members of cross-functional teams;
- Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment to ensure using the latest software development technologies and practices;
- Translate requirements / vision to deliver to required timelines and world-class quality standards;
- Promote, participate, and support process improvements, which guide the development, sustainability & support activities;
- Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge;
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI/CD, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques;
- Work on business-specific core data structures and algorithms, and implement them using chosen technologies;
- Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent;
- Proven working experience and strong knowledge of .NET Web Framework, as well as proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of their ecosystems;
- Skills for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code, as well as strong problem-solving skills;
- You will have a commitment to solving problems collaboratively and a proven track record in designing sophisticated and quality product;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good client-facing skills. English – fluent (both oral and written);
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN, etc.)
- Database: MS SQL Server experience;
- Effective team building and problem-solving abilities;
- Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit.
Would Be a Plus
- Software architecture & design knowledge and experience: Multi-tiered software, service oriented, high-availability, security, high-performance;
- Experience implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Experience with Agile SWS Development Methodology and SCRUM;
- Experience in UI/UX;
- Experience working on software projects in the Energy domain (Energy Management, Oil & Gas, Power & Water);
- Experience with Windows and Unix / Linux based programming;
- Software management tools: JIRA, Team City, Jenkins;
- Application servers: IIS;
- Willingness to travel abroad.
Some Of The Benefits We Are Offering
- Strong induction process (a dedicated 1-month ramp-up period);
- An open communication culture in a friendly environment and with supportive teammates;
- Strong focus and real opportunities for Career Development (including LinkedIn Learning subscription and full access to GE’s learning knowledge base);
- Flexible working hours and a well-defined work-from-home policy;
- Annual, performance-based, salary review; Impact awards for outstanding performance;
- Increased number of vacation days, according to your work-experience, as well as Additional days off (such as March 8th, 3rd Easter day);
- Private Medical Insurance for you (can also be extended for family members);
- Vacation bonus with an annual payout;
- Fully customized development and training programs all throughout the year;
- Multiple subscriptions, discounts and vouchers available (such as Bookster subscription, Corporate discount to fitness services, Gift vouchers for Christmas and Easter holiday, Daily meal vouchers);
- Wellbeing program with multiple events focused on a healthy lifestyle, free apps to support your healthy habits and free employee assistance program, provided by specialized counselors;
- Benefits for children (special occasions gifts, vouchers and events).
When We Will Be Back To The Office
- You will work in one of the best locations in town: Aviatorilor 8 office building, in Victoriei Square (in the middle of Central Business District);
- Office with an excellent connectivity to public transportation;
- Free underground parking space for employees;
- Fruits days at the office;
- Unlimited supply of great coffee & tea amenities;
- Christmas party (because you party hard when you work hard);
- Attractive financial compensations for roles involving external travels and on-site missions.