ROLE SUMMARY: Senior developer, developing and maintaining applications and working closely with other analytics teams for the Analytics Technology Business within LSEG. Focus on extending and modernizing existing services and application, leveraging cloud technologies to realize business objectives, support growth with improve performance and efficiency. WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING: Engaging with product owners, architects and other specialists you'll design and build world-class cloud native solutions. Assisting your workstream by writing user stories, refining and estimating them as part of an agile process. Building and maintaining efficient, reusable, reliable and secure enterprise software, adhering to company standards. Demonstrating a consistent focus on quality, you'll ensure that you deliver reliable software through static analysis, unit testing and other industry standard ways of working. Providing technical support to operations or other development teams. Working with other team members to analyse development requirements, by providing design options and complexity estimates, and agreeing how to deliver the requirements. Maintaining, designing, and setting up infrastructure to support various applications. Maintaining and improving the existing analytics capabilities – performance, quality, and efficiency. Designing, presenting, and collaborating with other teams on designing technical solutions to realize complex business and technical objectives. Migrating applications to cloud seamlessly so that there is no service disruption. Working on products used by leading financial institutions world-wide. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years’ experience developing with Python or 3+ years’ experience with C# or Java enterprise solutions (services, databases, messaging) and 1 + years’ with Python
- Good programming skills in a major object-oriented language (Python/C# / Java / C++)
- Working experience with relational DBs and ideally also noSQL DBs
- Good Communication, organization, and coordination skills.
- Experience in a software development lifecycle and delivery role
- Knowledge of design and architectural patterns is a plus
- Experience with large scale data sources (relational or NoSQL), preferably on ETL systems and pipelines is a plus
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud and serverless technologies & tools a plus
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools like Terraform.
- Experience with Git and CI/CD automation is a plus.
- Knowledge of finance is a plus.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/Engineering, Mathematics, or related fields with high academic standing
- Azure/AWS technologies certification a plus
- Any finance qualification a plus
LSEG is a leading global financial markets infrastructure and data provider. Our purpose is driving financial stability, empowering economies and enabling customers to create sustainable growth. Our purpose is the foundation on which our culture is built. Our values of Integrity, Partnership, Excellence and Change underpin our purpose and set the standard for everything we do, every day. They go to the heart of who we are and guide our decision making and everyday actions. Working with us means that you will be part of a dynamic organisation of 25,000 people across 65 countries. However, we will value your individuality and enable you to bring your true self to work so you can help enrich our diverse workforce. You will be part of a collaborative and creative culture where we encourage new ideas and are committed to sustainability across our global business. You will experience the critical role we have in helping to re-engineer the financial ecosystem to support and drive sustainable economic growth. Together, we are aiming to achieve this growth by accelerating the just transition to net zero, enabling growth of the green economy and creating inclusive economic opportunity. LSEG offers a range of tailored benefits and support, including healthcare, retirement planning, paid volunteering days and wellbeing initiatives. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. This means that we do not discriminate on the basis of anyone’s race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. Conforming with applicable law, we can reasonably accommodate applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as mental health or physical disability needs. Please take a moment to read this privacy notice carefully, as it describes what personal information London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG) (we) may hold about you, what it’s used for, and how it’s obtained, your rights and how to contact us as a data subject . If you are submitting as a Recruitment Agency Partner, it is essential and your responsibility to ensure that candidates applying to LSEG are aware of this privacy notice.