About the project 💡
Our project started in 2017 as a migration project. After the migration, we started feature development. We recently developed features that target functionalities like the introduction of new payment methods that meet the specific needs of each country/region, storefront re-branding and performance improvements, and platform upgrades to newer features. The platform is Java-based that uses Spring MVC and has web interfaces for accessing the administration functionalities and the frontend. It incorporates an indexing and searching motor based on Lucene (Solr) and stores the clients’ and orders’ data using relational databases (ex. Oracles, MySQL, PostgresSQL, HANA, SQL Server etc.). The implementation supports multi-country, multi-store and it is globally available (30+ countries/stores with multi-language support for each country).
Your team 🧑💻👩💻
The team has been continuously growing during the past 3 years reaching a size of 40+ members, with diverse skills from Frontend Developer, Backend Developer, DevOps to Testing, Project Management and Architecture. We are split into several streams using Scrum or Kanban (depending on the type of work) and we have two different release cycles:
- Weekly: for small releases addressing defects fixing and release of small features
- Every 10 weeks (increment of 5 sprints): addresses bigger functionalities that are spread through several sprints
Job description 🖼️
In the first months of the collaboration, you will have a dedicated training period to explore and learn the standard e-commerce platform we are using in two of our projects. In the meantime, you will gradually be involved in the following:
- Contribute in all phases of the commerce solution development lifecycle
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable and reliable code
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Improve code quality, organization and automatization
- Work closely with the rest of the team members comprised of Analysts, Architects, Testers and Developers
- Present ideas for system improvements
- Real impact one step at a time
- The output of your work will be constantly delivered to the end-user, which gives our client the means to constantly adjust the platform and increase system performance and the overall revenue through the online channel.
- Professional opportunities
- While working on the day to day tasks, there will be plenty of opportunities to improve both your technical skills (by having the opportunity to work on different parts of the platform) and your soft skills (by taking part in requirements clarifications, demos, defining and discussing MVP proposals for bigger functionalities, etc.). As the team is working on different streams (mini-teams) there is also the possibility to take responsibility for one of the streams (leading the mini-team).
- Community insights
- The team is backed-up by a competence center that supports professional development according to the individual needs and the project context.
- 3 years experience with Java Programming Language and developing web applications
- OOP & SOLID Principles
- Collections and stream API
- Good understanding of Spring MVC, Spring Security and application design principles
- Debug & Troubleshoot skills, as well as having a good understanding of Unit Testing and JUnit
- Understanding of HTTP Methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE etc.)
- Awareness on Enterprise Design Patterns and ability to explain them
- Continuous learning mindset and openness to high-complexity tasks
- English language proficiency is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
Enjoy our holistic benefits program that covers the four pillars that we believe come together to support our wellbeing, covering social, physical, emotional wellbeing, as well as work-life fusion.
- Physical: premium medical package for both our colleagues and their children, dental coverage up to a yearly amount, eyeglasses reimbursement every two years, voucher for sport equipment expenses, in-house personal trainer
- Emotional: individual therapy sessions with a certified psychotherapist, webinars on self-development topics
- Social: virtual activities, sports challenges, special occasions get-togethers
- Work-life fusion: yearly increase in days off, flexible working schedule, birthday, holiday and loyalty gifts for major milestones